How to Add FaceBook Messenger chat to your WordPress website
We live in a real-time world and sometimes your customers just need a quick answer. There is no better tool to answer quick questions than a live chat widget on your website. There are many paid options for live chat, but Facebook provides a pretty good if not one of the best options for free. Its Facebook messenger and the good news is that your clients are probably already using it.
Why Use Messenger’s Customer Chat on Your WordPress Website?
1. Your customers are already using it.
This cannot be stated enough. There are 2 billion people already using Facebook messager, chances are your target customer is one of them. Why force them to use something else. Meet them on their own turf and make it easy for them to talk to you.
2. Target the customer again and again…and again
Once the customer engages with you once, Facebook records the interaction and will let you build a custom audience that you can run ads against. You can even use the sponsored ads feature directly in Facebook messenger. If a customer is reaching out to you, then they are most likely a high-quality lead. Facebook Messenger lets you re-engage as often as you need to.
3. Build and integrate Chat Bots.
Danger Will Robinson, Danger! Ok, not that kind of Bot. Facebook messenger platform allows you to build chatbots that can handle basic conversations without you and even learn the best ways to respond over time. Imagine your website engaging in a natural sales or customer service conversation then sending you only customers that are ready to convert! The Facebook platform makes this not only possible but relatively easy.
Adding the Facebook Messenger Plugin to Your WordPress Website
So we’ve reviewed the benefits now let’s go ahead and add this thing to our WordPress site. Facebook messenger chat can be added to your WordPress site Website in a number of different ways. We could use a plugin, but at EZtransition we tend to avoid using plugins if we don’t have to. This is a clear case of “don’t have to”. Since all our websites are powered by the DIVI framework, it super easy to paste some code into the theme which will give you that coveted Facebook chat widget at the bottom right corner of your page.
- First, we need to get the code from Facebook. Go to your Fan page → Settings → Messenger Platform. In the Whitelisted Domains, enter your website address. Then click Save to complete.
- Scroll down to the Customer Chat Plugin section and click “setup”.
- Follow the three-step wizard then copy the resulting code.
- Go to the General tab click on messages, check the box allowing people to use the message button, and save the changes.
Now we need to get your code on your website.
- login to your WordPress site.
- go to Divi -> theme options -> integrations
- paste in your facebook code into the box that says “Add code to the < body > (good for tracking codes such as google analytics)”
That’s it, you’re done. Sit back and enjoy the customer conversations. If you’re an EZtransition customer, you can simply open a ticket and we’ll do this for you on request.